Thursday 27 March 2008

Prague 250 euro event number 2

starting stack 7k. 25 minutes blinds and 25/50 inte.

with the larger stacks this gave a more chance to play.

after the first hour, not really picking up any cards but getting an idea of the players on my table. All good players with the excetion of 2 and a few aggressive players, particularly a good aggressive dutch player to my right (perfect)he stole my blinds alot but I took alot more off him. for the first few hours I bounced between 5 and 8k. before loosing all but 2.3k to queens.

Then in the big blind I hit 7d6d, 5 callers I checked.

flop 5s 7c 9c I push for the remaining 2k.

action goes

fold, call, call, re-raise all in (great protection but I am behind)
Fold
call.

They are both flushing and I quadruple up.

I continue to play my strategy of tight agressive and build my stack up, without having to show my cards.

One which I rememeber was a min raise when the blinds were at 600/1200. one call.
I look at my cards and see pocket jacks. I push all in and one folds and the other debates and folds turning over ak.

It eventally moves down to the last 18 and I get moved onto a new table. I continued to keep my stack to just above the average stack keeping my strategy and hoping to double up.

again I was gaining respect

Move of the night.

blinds at 800/1600, early position raises to 4,200.

I am the only caller.
The flop comes 10, 7, 4 rainbow.
he checks and I push all my remaining 20k of chips in the pot. he is sat with 32k.
after a couple of minutes he folds and shows jj.
Good fold I state as I muck my ak. Phew.

I lost a stack when I get pocket nines with a flop of 7 8 q. and a player goes all in. It took a while and I folded, maybe I should have called, the other players on the table thought it was a good fold.

I was then at the position of less than 8 big blinds and was having to make a move.
I was sat with 14.5k bb had 13k. (short stacked he had previously called in first position with 10 7o and got a lucky 70. with the blinds at 1.5/3k I look down under the gun at pocket 2s and pushed all in. bb called with 10 8. caught an 8. I was out next hand in 10th.

Morls was even more unlucky when his aj all in pre flop lost to a8. (a terrible call)
Burnley joe was all in with ak and lost to queens out 17th.
Spurman finished 25th and
gary was out quite eary.

A very frustrating evening for all of us and shocked at the play of these crazy checz.

day off , no poker today

No comments: