Wednesday 26 March 2008

Tournament one update

5k starting Chips 20 mintue blinds starting at 25/50. 54 entries.

This setup didnt really fit into my strategy of the day which I had to change to play a more tight aggressive play. I started off not playing many hands trying to get a tight image but realised the standard was not good enough with too many fish.

First hand sitting in the small blind u get Kc 3c.

with a flop 6s 8c 10c, I check raise of 300, re-raise 800, I fold. then another re-raise to 1500.(first hand).It got check down to the river with a 9 on the turn. trip 8s won.

the next hand I got involved with was jd 8d (not the best, but one off the button)

the flop came js 8s 4c. I raise to 500, only under the gun called. the turn brings 7h. I bet 800 he calls. the river 3s. he checks, I check. he turns over Qs 2s for the flush. thinking to myself, I knew the last card was dangerous and I got away cheaply. and for the next 10 minutes I could see the guy was clearly gutted and pissed off at himself for not raising the river. But then I think to myself, this guy has just called with q 2 under the Gun. Now come on Guys......

Now I mentioned fish earlier. and I mentioned terrible play under the gun. So as blinds hit 50, 100, I call under the gun with the monster which is 6c 4c (my favourite hand, for the pure reason it can win me alot and lose me a little and its very lucky. Aimee hates it and my friends all are aware of me playing this).
Back to the hand in question. the button raises to 500, bb calls. Rosco sat with a monster can only call.

as the flop comes, 3 5 7 rainbow I start dancing on the table in a cow boy style, nobody notices and I check. the button raises 500 bb folds, and I move all in. the button is sat with 1125. he calls and turns over pocket kings. I apologise say its my favourite and and shake his hand. Ooops.

As the tournament went on I wasnt picking up many cards, a few all ins recieved no callers until I hit pocket 3s. now I made a huge mistake here, I got a read on the eventual callers, he was going to raise until the guy before him called. any at blinds 300/600 I went all in for 3k. one callers with 10s. the river gave me a flush and him at full house.


Roll on today for the 250 euro event with a slightly improved sructure.

1 comment:

Mabel said...

This is for you if you want to know how to make soccer predictions